Saturday, April 2, 2011

have I told you lately

It is hard to explain how much I dislike holding a Lock-in or overnighter for students.
Every year I fantasize about lying about or faking an illness just to get out of holding them.
But alas, we have incredibly well-mannered and behaved students who truly enjoy depriving themselves of sleep.

Today is the aftermath. A 3 hour nap, awkward appetite, dehydration from caffeine overload. It seems to get worse the older I become.

But, all in all, I enjoy the relational building times with students that happens in the odd times. The times away from a worship setting. The times that emerge when you least expect it.

On another note. There is a standing rule at our lock-ins that if you fall asleep, you are 'free-game.'

Apparently Cam didn't take us seriously.




No comments:

Post a Comment