Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Resignation

It is with a bittersweet heart that I inform you of my recent

resignation from St. Luke's UMC as the Director of NexGen Ministries.

Nan, Leyton and I will be moving back to Mississippi where I will be

serving Main Street UMC in Hattiesburg as the Pastor of Students and

Families beginning June 1, 2011. It has always been a desire of our

hearts to return to a location closer to home in the future although we

did not think that the ‘future’ would be this soon. We are truly

excited about this opportunity and feel very much at peace about this

very difficult decision we have made together. I will continue to serve St. Luke's until late May.

I informed the High School Students Wednesday evening at TELOS

of my resignation. Dave Jans and I will address this news with our Middle School Students Thursday evening at FUEL.

I write you for several reasons. First, I value you as a partner in ministry. I hope with every ounce of my being that you know the incredible affect you have on your students. I have always been aware that I was your partner in this, not that you were my partner- or that our influence is stronger than yours. The truth is that we seek to come along-side you and yours to build Disciples that impact God’s Kingdom.

Your families have helped me ‘grow-up’ as a man, as a minister of the good news of Jesus Christ and most importantly as a disciple. We ask for your continued prayers for our students and leaders, both lay and staff, as they enter a time of seeking God’s desire for NexGen Ministries at St. Luke’s.

The pastoral and lay leadership of the church will be communicating

with the entire congregation next week about my transition and the

process that will begin to ensure that St. Luke's continues to have a

student ministry that is deeply grounded in Christ.

I cannot consider myself anymore blessed than I am to have been able to

serve St. Luke's, your students and your families over the last 4+ years.

I will relish the next few months with you and pray nothing but

blessings over St. Luke's and ministry for the time ahead.

Grace and Peace,

Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment