Friday, January 28, 2011

time well spent

Earlier this week I was able to spend time with 60+ youth workers from the Florida conference at Warren W. Willis Youth Camp

I'm becoming more apprehensive about leaving the fam behind as the toddler becomes more to handle day-to-day. So naturally I felt a little precarious when I left Nan and Leyton Monday evening.

Let me be the first to say I was truly blessed to be with many others who are in the trenches. It was rewarding, uplifting and encouraging in all the right ways. From the frat house atmosphere that the guys cabin morphed into in a matter of minutes to the late-night conversations and laughter and the simple but yet directed times in worship I consider myself grateful on many levels.

First, that I have a support system with my family to allow me to step-out on occasion and re-fuel.

Second, that my church not only values me but encourages the connection to others in the trenches.

Lastly, that there are many others in ministry to students who want to exit the silo and encourage others that face the same things they do on a regular basis.

I say all this to say; what are you doing to encourage others? After all you are not alone. This journey is one of relationship. Whether in the secular world, the ministry, school or anywhere else you may find yourself - you are not alone in the journey.

There were times that if I'm honest, I operated in a 'silo'. And I cannot begin to tell you how discouraged and alienated I felt at times.

Let's be the church - not do church.

No comments:

Post a Comment